I’ve been in a huge writing slump, but I’m finally back today with a tag. Thank you so much to Anna and Maddie for nominating me for the Leibster Award!! It’s always fun getting to know more about other bloggers, so you should check out their answers and give their blogs a follow while you’re at it! Without further ado, let’s get into it!
- Acknowledge the blog that gave it to you and display the award
- Answer 11 questions that the blogger gives you
- Give 11 random facts about yourself
- Nominate 11 blogs and notify them of their nomination
- Give these blogs 11 questions to answer
What is your favorite book so far this year?
The Guest List, I’m still not over the ending!
If you know, you know.
What is your most anticipated book for the rest of the year?
I’m excited about this because I like when the male character is a romantic and the female doesn’t believe in love. I’ve heard good things about it from other bloggers, so I have high hopes.
What genre do you read the most?
There isn’t a clear winner here. I’m pretty evenly split between contemporary, romance, and mystery/thriller.
How did you come up with your blog name?
Choosing a name for this blog was so hard for my indecisive self. I wanted the word gemini somewhere because it describes my all-over-the-place reading taste. I went with book nook because I liked that it rhymes and gives me a cozy image.
What is your favorite trope in books?
I feel like such a bad book person when I run into questions like this because I CAN’T PICK. I decide what I want to read based on genre and overall plot. Even though they’re opposites, it’s between friends to lovers and enemies to lovers.
What is your least favorite trope in books?
*queue same energy as my last response.* If I had to pick maybe the chosen one. Not because I particularly dislike it, but because I rarely read books with this trope since I usually don’t gravitate towards fantasy.
What is one special talent or interesting fact about you that your readers don’t know?
I have a semi-photographic memory. I’m especially good at remembering faces and numbers!
What’s your astrological sign and does it match your personality?
I think the answer to this one is obvious haha
Do you have a pet? If yes, who? If not, would you want one?
I don’t have any pets but I’d do anything to have a dog, or three.
What’s your favorite fandom?
I haven’t seriously been part of any fandoms—book or otherwise—since my tumblr days nearly 10 years ago. But if I’m being honest I will always consider myself part of the One Direction fandom HAHA
What is your favorite post that you’ve written this year?
One of my favourites was my May Wrap Up because I read a lot of great books that month and had 2 five-star reads.
If you could go anywhere in the world, where would you go?
If I could leave now, I would go to Australia because it’s almost summer and I would love to be on the beach reading a book or learning to surf.
If you could study any language, which would you choose?
All of them! Swedish would be fun because of the way it sounds and I hope to visit Sweden again.
Favorite and Least Favorite reading genre?
Favourite is tough! I never get tired of romance but mystery/thriller has an extra kick that gives it an edge. I love when twists make me gasp and I appreciate how intricate they can be. My least favourite is horror, no doubt about that.
What has blogging made you realize about yourself?
That’s a good question. I’d say that it made me realize that I will always be a book person. Regardless of if life gets in the way of reading, I will always have a love for books and as soon as I pick one up it comes right back.
Do you have a pre game ritual before a tests, interviews, games, etc?
Listening to music before a test was a must when I was in university.
Where do you like to read? Can you read with noise in the background?
My bed is definitely the place I read the most. I also really like reading on a blanket in the grass when it’s warm out. I absolutely prefer silence when I’m reading but depending on my mood I can handle noise sometimes haha
Have you tried writing a novel before? Are you currently writing one?
I haven’t! I’ve written short stories in creative writing classes for school but that’s it.
What would your ideal perfect day be?
The perfect day for me would consist of not having to wake up too early, hot weather, going to the lake with friends, eating ice cream, and ending off with some Netflix.
What’s you favorite hobby, besides reading?
Is going out for dessert a hobby? No? Okay, I’ll go with bike riding.
What’s your favorite color? Why?
I love the colour blue, probably because it reminds me of the ocean.
Are you an early bird or late owl? Why?
I’m 100% a night owl. I’ve had this routine for a long time, it just feels natural.
11 Random Facts about me
- If I had a dollar for everyone time someone asked me if I played basketball because of how tall I am, I’d be really rich
- I’ve lived in the same city my whole life
- I can easily stay up till 3am on any given night
- I think racoons are super cute
- I love green apple flavoured bubble tea
- I get way too invested in the tv shows I watch
- I don’t like rollercoasters or haunted houses
- I like listening to music in different languages
- I love bathbombs
- My sense of direction is pretty horrible
- I get the hiccups a lot
- What is your favourite song right now?
- What is the last thing you watched on TV?
- How would you rank these: physical books, ebooks, audiobooks?
- What is your favourite genre right now?
- What is your most unpopular bookish opinion?
- Can you cook?
- Would you ever go skydiving?
- What is your favourite thing about the place you live?
- If you could have one book adapted to the screen right now, which would it be?
- What are the best and worst adaptations you’ve seen?
- Out of all the books you’ve read this year, which one made the biggest impact on you and why?